Find out how MyContent can help you improve your user experience
Types of UX
Where to start designing
UX design offers several modalities.
- Interaction design: Interaction design creates interfaces based on the way users and technology relate to each other. It is based on the use of simple words, visual representations used with rationale and using physical objects for user interaction with the system.
- Visual design: as its name suggests, visual design transforms data into visual objects. It does this through the study of cognitive processes, to enhance the visitor’s mood and create positive sensations. In this way, it plays with the color, shape, and space of the elements.
- User research: since UX design seeks to solve the user’s problems and needs, this branch is dedicated to investigating what the user wants, in order to offer him/her something that meets his/her requirements.
- Information architecture: it decides how to organize the parts of the page so that visitors can find whatever they are looking for.
UX design commandments
- Simplicity: avoid beating around the bush so as not to lose the visitor’s attention. Thus, limit yourself to the necessary elements.
- Ease: the visitor’s interaction with your page should be simple and not require much effort on their part.
- Findable: to save the consumer’s time and avoid making their search more difficult.
- Humanity: show the identity of your brand and prevent the user from feeling that he/she is interacting with a machine, this will affect his/her relationship with your website.
- Contextuality: to make the visitor know where he/she is in his/her journey. They should never feel lost.
Contact us and learn how we can help you
How to create a UX design:
Find out what your customers need
The rest of the stages are based on this point, and it will be the one that will make the UX design be of quality and meet the objectives set. One of the steps to be taken is to establish a user profile to which the web page will be addressed. Once this is done, you will have to study them to know their needs and problems in order to solve them. From this, you will be able to define the communicative intention, if you want to entertain, inform or recommend. The next step will be to make an inventory of the product information resources you will need to develop your site. Another fundamental point is to make concept maps with which you will be able to organize your mind.
Here you will represent the possible structures of the contents based on the needs of the users and customers. Finally, you will have to define the functional flows of the website or app so that they correspond to the real flows of the users.
In this stage, the services and functions that your project will offer are defined, as well as the product labels. In addition, high-level prototypes will be created in order to test the interactivity with customers.
This stage of the process involves testing with users to check if the needs and issues have been met as expected.
In this last phase the final design is defined, including iconography, typography and final style.
A few recommendations to get you started.
There are many tools dedicated to different parts of the process, and they are quite useful. Learning how to use them makes a big difference.
- In vision: thanks to this prototyping tool, you can share and comment on a project in real time with the customer. With the trial version, you can test up to five projects.
- Origami: owned by Facebook, it allows you to create mockups for apps such as Instagram. It integrates with Apple Quartz Composer but is compatible with Android. It has plugins for Photoshop and Sketch. It also offers tutorials, videos, and guides to facilitate your experience.
- Pixate: is another prototyping tool that offers testing of animations, wireframes and interactive mobile designs.
- Pop app: the great feature of this platform is that it allows you to photograph sketches from your cell phone and make them interactive.
- Flinto: with Flinto you will be able to make element transitions in a simpler, faster and more comfortable way.
- Plant: offers you a board to put designers in contact with each other, invite them to your projects and synchronize the changes between them.
Frequently asked questions about article writing
Why is user experience important?
By developing strategies based on user experience, we anticipate that the user will meet the objectives we have set. In this way, we make the user feel comfortable when interacting with our website. In addition, we will be able to meet their requirements and needs.
When should UX be implemented?
It is advisable to do it at all stages of the process. Thus, all the steps we take will be aimed at meeting the needs of your target audience. However, it is never too late to implement UX design in your project.
What can I transform my website to improve the UX?
There are several easy ways to improve the UX of your website. For example, it is recommended that the tone is the same on all pages and posts. Also, all of them should be integrated into the menu items. Additionally, check the number of CTAs on your pages, contact forms, loading time or readability.
What benefits can UX bring to your website?
Among other things, you will reduce costs, increase your traffic, increase sales, improve your site’s search engine rankings and user satisfaction.