SEO encompasses a series of methods and techniques to organically increase traffic. This has a positive impact on positioning, reaching the top positions in search engines. The difficulty is that all companies are looking for the same results. For this reason, it is necessary to obtain a strategy and employ SEO techniques effective so that your website can enjoy optimal results.
What is SEO?
SEO is a set of unpaid strategies and techniques designed to improve the visibility and ranking of a website in search engine results. Its main goal is to increase the quantity and quality of organic traffic. That is, those visitors who come to the site naturally through online searches.
This is achieved by content optimization and other factors, in order to provide a satisfactory user experience. Also, to comply with the requirements of search engine algorithms. SEO is a fundamental piece for online success. It helps increase the credibility and relevance of a website.
The 5 best SEO techniques to improve organic positioning
Knowing SEO techniques increases your chances of reaching a target audience, generating leads, and improving online authority and reputation. What ultimately contributes to the long-term success of a website or online business:
1) Take advantage of AI in content writing
An SEO trend that is expected to become even more popular in 2024 is the incorporation of artificial intelligence for content creation. With the help of AI-powered tools, you will be able to generate a wide variety of writing, such as articles, blogs, landing pages, emails, Facebook and Google ads, YouTube video descriptions, product reviews.
AI content writing involves using artificial intelligence. In particular, the Fourth generation GPT-4 Autoregressive Text Generator. This language model uses deep learning to produce texts that resemble human language. With this, you can efficiently generate unique and relevant blogs and publications for your audience.
The reason behind the growing popularity of this SEO strategy for the content marketing It is obvious. Thanks to these writing assistants you can save time and resources effectively.
You have several writing tools powered by artificial intelligence at your disposal that can be of great help. These include:
- jasper. Perfect when you need to create long-form content, such as blog posts or landing pages.
- Copysmit. Especially useful for eCommerce content, such as product descriptions. Plus, it offers integration with Shopify for added convenience.
- Rytr. Ideal for writing marketing-related content, such as YouTube video descriptions or job descriptions.
- Anyword AI: The ideal choice when you need to write content, such as ad copy.
2) Increase visibility by optimizing the App Store for mobile SEO
With the constant growth of mobile traffic, it is crucial to prioritize mobile indexing. With this we ensure that the website is completely optimized for mobile devices.
Likewise, it is essential incorporate App Store Optimization (ASO) as part of your SEO strategy. The ASO focuses on optimize your mobile applications to obtain better positioning in the search results of application stores. Its main objective is to improve SEO to increase the visibility of your application. In this way, attracting more downloads on mobile devices and, ultimately, generating greater revenue.
There are two main approaches to optimize an app and improve its visibility in the app store:
- Refine app metadata. Which includes the title, description, keywords, and screenshots of the app.
- Improve app rating and reviews. Encouraging users to leave positive reviews and responding appropriately to negative reviews.
3) Don't wait too long to optimize your content
SEO experts know that they can strategically improve organic traffic by refine the content that they already have. This approach is known as “content optimization.” It focuses on improving the meta tags of a web page, which implies:
- Include the primary and secondary keywords in the appropriate densities
- Maintain a appropriate number of words in the content
- Make sure that the content is easy to read.
- Optimize titles and meta descriptions for optimal performance.
Here are four quick and easy ways to implement content optimization on your website:
- Make sure you have the appropriate number of words and the correct density of keywords. This is based on the search query and the top-ranked pages.
- Makes tests in your metatitles to improve click-through rate (CTR). Title tags and meta descriptions are essential for optimizing a page. A well-crafted meta description can increase your CTR. Which, in turn, can result in better rankings and more traffic.
- Addresses related questions for align your content with search engine intent. The “People Also Ask” and “Related Searches” sections in search results are great resources for understanding what users are searching for. By answering these questions, you can likely improve your CTR.
- keep your updated content and relevant to meet the changing needs of your audience. Not only can this increase CTR, but it can also improve your overall rankings.
4) Get users to stay longer
Once again, Google has made the decision to give a critical role to one aspect in its set of Core Web Vitals. Which refers to the metrics that measure the time users spend on a page after clicking in a link in the search results (SERP) before returning to the results list.
Unlike metrics like bounce rate, which tracks those users who leave without interacting, or total time on site, which counts all visitors, dwell time focuses on how users interact with search results.
When Google sees that people spend more time on our page compared to our competitors' pages covering the same keyword, the search engine concludes that our page is likely to offer superior value. As a result, we gain the opportunity to receive more traffic.
Below we leave you a couple of techniques to improve the user experience:
A) Make sure your posts are easy to digest
Here are some formatting tips that may help you:
- Make sure your content is high quality. Format is important, but so are solid ideas, a compelling presentation, and a impeccable grammar and spelling.
- Choose short paragraphs, ideally 3 to 4 sentences. If necessary, you can use single-sentence paragraphs. But don't overuse them, or your post could look like a shopping list.
- Vary the length of your sentences. Long sentences can be complicated to follow on mobile devices or computers. But they can work well when used sparingly, especially if you mix them with shorter sentences.
- Keep in mind that people typically spend only 37 seconds reading online. You can extend this time by including subtitles that facilitate the quick reading and understanding of the article.
- If you have a large amount of data, such as statistics, facts, ideas, or examples, group them into vignettes. This makes reading easier.
- Break up long blocks of text with relevant visual elements, such as images, videos, graphics, as well as bullets and subtitles.
- Most items should include images or screenshots to illustrate your points, numbers or steps. The more complex the idea, the more images you should consider adding to improve understanding.
B) Bet on inverted pyramid type content
A fundamental rule for journalists is to use the writing style known as the “inverted pyramid.” In this structure, you position the most relevant information at the top of the article and save the less important details for the bottom. This is because readers who scan articles usually don't get to the end of the page, so it makes sense to give them what they need from the beginning.
5) Create strategies to optimize old content
This SEO technique is highly effective. Existing content is already authoritative and, in some cases, has an established audience. Instead of starting a new post from scratch, optimize an existing post to improve its performance in search results can be a seo strategy simpler and more natural.
The best opportunities to update content are those hot topics, such as SEO, that are constantly evolving, as well as posts that already receive some organic traffic, but have the potential to gain links and apply other improvement techniques.
Keeping up with SEO
To keep your online presence competitive in the ever-changing world of SEO, it is essential to stay up to date with the latest trends and tweaks. Spend time mastering the fundamentals, such as creating high-quality content, technical practices, managing internal and external links, loading speed of your site, and implementing schemas. Make sure to avoid common mistakes, such as duplicate content.
There's no need to overwhelm yourself by trying to apply all the new SEO techniques right away. Instead, start by focusing on those SEO strategies that make the most sense for your business at the moment. By doing so, you will notice significant improvements in your click-through rates, your user engagement, and, of course, your website's ranking.