Learn from experts and transform your business
What is e-commerce?
He e-commerce, also called electronic commerce, is the name given to the marketing products or services online. It is a larger market than one might think, since it is not limited to the trade of products or services in a specific electronic channel, but also includes social networks, web pages, etc.
This type of business offers a more accessible incursion opportunity for users interested in selling products or services compared to traditional commerce. Besides, is capable of operating 24 hours a day.
It also represents a simpler sales method, the variety of products is usually greater and even the user's shopping experience can be more satisfactory.
Advantages of e-commerce
Both consumers and businesses can find advantages in the e-commerce. For example, in the case of companies, it is a way to reduce costs to start selling products or services and allows them to cover an international market.
Business planning is also easier with e-commerce, as it is easier to compare prices with those of the competition. Similarly, the collection of customer information is also more accessible; In this way, it is possible to get to know the target audience better and identify their needs to plan an ideal sales strategy.
For their part, consumers get the following benefits:
- Access to shops far from your locality.
- It is not necessary to move outside the home or wait for hours to purchase products.
- Possibility of making purchases at any time of the day and from anywhere.
- Easier to compare the prices of products and evaluate them.
- Find out about the opinions of other customers
Disadvantages of e-commerce
It is worth mentioning that, despite its many advantages, the e-commerce It also has certain disadvantages:
- Websites can be buggy.
- The competitiveness of this market is higher.
- Some payment methods may present vulnerabilities.
- Certain settings may require technical assistance.
Contact us and learn how we can help you
e-commerce business models
By participating in a e-commerce workshops It is possible to learn to participate in electronic commerce through different models that, according to their characteristics, can be:
- B2B e-commerce: In this model, commercial transactions are carried out between one company and another. That is to say, business to business. Therefore, there is no intervention on the part of the final consumer.
- B2C e-commerce: a form of transaction between a business and a consumer. It is the most popular model. Basically, it covers any purchase of a product or service between an interested person and an online store.
- E-commerce G2C: It is a model between the government and a consumer. It refers to the possibility of carrying out government procedures through the Internet.
- E-commerce B2E: it is a model of transactions between a business and an employee. Employees are referred to as “internal customers”. It is a frequent part of large companies that have internal lines of business that are based on the same business matrix.
- C2C e-commerce: the model consumer to consumer It happens when a person decides to sell second hand a product that they no longer use. This type of commerce can be done through social networks, websites and even apps.
Where to sell through the e-commerce model? Among the different platforms that offer the possibility of engaging in electronic commerce are: Milanuncios, Amazon, Shopify and Ebay; Some of the most famous applications in Spain are Wallapop and Vinted. Within social networks and search engines, Google and Facebook Market.
How to position the products on the Internet?
The most used strategies to achieve that the products or services that are sold online reach the users are the use of PPC platforms. Among the most popular are Amazon Ads, Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
How can MyContent ecommerce workshops help you?
At MyContent we have extensive experience in training future successful e-commerce entrepreneurs. If you do a E-commerce Workshop with us, we will make sure guide you step by step in creating your own online business that suits your personal goals.